I also enjoyed making leftover turkey sandwiches which I would eat all afternoon and into the evening. I made them using a leftover roll with a squirt or two of mustard. Simple but good. The only other food that I remember enjoying was a small slice of minced meat pie after dinner.My parents almost always hosted the dinner. Both my Grandmas were both there but there is no one else that I can remember. We didn't have much by way of extended family and Keene's visits were limited to Christmas, when he came. I don't regret having a small gathering. I didn't have to remember the names of relatives I did not know, and there were no cousins to compete with.
In that day, the men were not expected to help in the kitchen, or perhaps we were not allowed to be there by the women. I cannot remember for sure. Regardless, that gave the boys (led by my Father) to experience all the sports that we could take. I remember watching football games that never seemed to end. My Dad was a real sports fanatic and would watch almost anything sports-related, but on Thanksgiving Day football was his game of choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment