April 20, 1978... vacation from the real work. Especially scriptures. I have to wonder how missionaries come back with such a knowledge of the Church because they never give you time for much study - maybe it will be better when I get out into the field. I have to take one day at a time or I get discouraged seeing how far I have to go. Elder Fedor comes to me because he thinks I can understand, not like the others. Elder Bradford looked at the other two [missionaries] and said he was grateful he had [me], and Elder Lachaga asked me what I would do if I got stuck with Elder Bradford once again in the mission field. IT'S INTERESTING!
Last night in a very good ambassadorship meeting, Elder Lachaga wanted to understand what loving your neighbor really involved, and he mentioned Elder Fedor (actually he said, what if you were put with somebody that walks all over you, but everybody knew). Well he received some very good advice but me and Elder Bradford thought it would be a good idea to stay up and talk things out because there were some very bad feelings building up. I remember some advice we received the very first week, it was, never go to bed when everyone doesn't feel good about everyone else. So we prayed together and stayed up and talked together. It took a while to get them both started but by the time they were done we all had good feelings. So we went to bed and said we'd get up early to make up for the time we used that night. I remember being filled with the same joy as before as I prayed that night, maybe even more. IT WAS GREAT!
Last Thursday night I was asked by Elder Fedor to give a 12 1/2 minute talk in La Reunion Sacramental, in English, but I don't know what's worse. If it were a talk in Spanish, they wouldn't understand most ... Next Page
No comments:
Post a Comment