April 23, 1978Elder Van Hoose just came in (very happy). He said that he too had received help in writing his talk, he said it just came. My first reaction was to be jealous because his talk may outdo mine, but I could feel joy for him. I try not to compare and outdo everyone else. When I could be happy for him - I was more happy with myself.
FAVORITE WORDS AND PHRASES of my COMPANIONS: "a paque la luz", "digeme", "entonces", "Elder ____________ pregutele el Elder ____________", "Elderes y Hermanas vamos a cantar", "yo sabe", "pasa por la puerta", "vamos a refirmos", "una ves mas", "repita and como".
Today in a cultural meeting after two returned missionaries told stories of some of the converts in Spain, it hit me that soon I'm going to be out there grabbing people off the street and trying to explain to them the gospel. I'm not here just to get a II in SYL or memorize all the discussions, I'm here to prepare to serve the people in Spain and I shouldn't be trying to do better than, or as well as others. I should just be doing my best (of course that won't make it easier). It really humbled me, one again, and I'm really scared.
They talked so much about the love you need to develop for the people. They also read the dedicatory prayer for the mission that said we as missionaries would be led by God, and learn how to teach these people with power. Part of my setting apart said, "you will be called to go into new areas where the gospel has never been preached before, to open up the work..." It was a testimony to me to learn that the smallest city with missionaries has 80,000 people, and there are plenty of new cities to be opened (I know that Pres. Yancey was inspired). One of the missionaries gave this advice about opening new cities - you need to get people who are really converted to the gospel to lead out, take time to prepare them, because it will be hard for them.
The sacrament meeting went well and my talk too (I was pleased). HOPE I CAN DO IT - I'M SCARED. Next Page
No comments:
Post a Comment