May 18, 1978- Go with a good attitude (try). A lot of people look forward to the gym to beat on a volleyball and not on their companion to get rid of all their frustrations, but it won't work. When you're down you need encouragement, assurance, and a renewed spirit of the work (it comes through the Holy Ghost). Gym sometimes sends you in the other direction.
- Find out the reason you're discouraged. This is important to do to solve your problems - you can even change this plan to fit the problem. PONDER.
- Start with prayer. I told them that this would work if done sincerely - and I could say that because it has two sincere prayers.
- Read D&C 122 (especially 5-9) or Job 1:14-19, 2:7-10, 6, 7, 29, 30, 42:12-17. T
- Read the back of the paper. It contained other trials and what was gained from each. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.
- Read D&C 4, D&C 88:81-85, White Bible, letter (or calling) from President Kimball - or your favorite saying and scripture. To build you up and give you hope and encouragement. LETTERS FROM HOME.
- Read your patriarchal blessing or setting apart. This to show you that you have something to look forward too - if you endure.
- Close with prayer. It must be SINCERE because if the rest doesn't work the prayer will if it is sincere.
We finally found out when we are leaving: May 30th, 9:55 AM. When we first heard I was just scared to death. Now it's becoming more of an excitement, but the thought of it just overwhelms me, and it still doesn't seem like reality. I'm worried about the plane ride. I worried about having to say goodbye (especially to Susan but I wouldn't have it any other way). It's neat but I just pray with all my heart, every time I can that I might be able to do it. I feel bad because I'm not going to get a two (2) in FSI or all 56 concepts or a 90% recall, but I'm starting to really Next Page
No comments:
Post a Comment