Sunday, March 29, 2020

Missionary Journal (1978-1980) - Page 26

May 14, 1978

...like I'm doing my best, and I feel good.

I couldn't help but realize how lucky I really am today being in this district, and branch, and having these companions. Before I came to the LTM I thought that every one that came here spoke their language, and many do, but we have been able to stand up in the devotional many times as the only branch with a 4.0 [4.0 meant that you spoke your language 100% of the week]. Many of the elders talk English all the time, and many of them think that some of us are liars and only write the fours (4.0), but we live a four (4.0)!

We had a short meeting today and found out that a few Elders spoke a three (3.0) yesterday and we read recycles. I know my district is going to be the first district that anyone knows of, which is going to get an average of four (4.0) for eight weeks. It makes me feel great to think that maybe something we did is going to help others. Branch 6 has a reputation ever since that second week of the marathon, or the silent week, and it's great. I love the Lord, my companions, and I feel like I'm doing something almost right.

I can't help but think about Scott Chambers. I feel so sorry for him because he got stuck with a really bad group of guys. Of course, he was made the Grande Jefe after three weeks, but every night he comes by our room so he can have a chance to use his Spanish at least once a day.

Today while we were in the shower after PE someone shut and locked the door to our room and we were left standing there [outside our door] in our towels. We finally got Elder Humphreys to get us a key to let us in.

Well, my time is almost over at the LTM and I think I've enjoyed it. At least it's the first time I've really known that I was doing what the Lord wanted me to do. But after doing His will, you come to the problem of how well you are doing His will. I like what one Elder said, I finally get to the point where I think I'm working to my limit, or pushing it to the limit, and then the limit moves. I can understand when they say that you can accomplish anything with the Lord's help because you never reach your limit. You work and strive and do your best and your ability Next Page

No comments:

Post a Comment