... know that a mission is supposed to have challenges, but there needs to be a joy and an eagerness to serve and share the gospel. That's what I'm missing the most. I just read a book called Cultural Notes, it tells in about 25 pages all about Spain. It says the people are Vivo Yo (hurrah for me). They are egotistical, they take their time with everything, are always late, you have to know people if you want to get something done, they are quick to criticize, and so forth. They seem to have all the characteristics I have a hard time liking. So I have to wonder when I'm going to have a love for this work. I have a hard time using all my time as effectively as I could but I'mg trying harder at this than anything else I've tried. I want this more than anything too - but my companion snores!
____________________
I never got back to write Sunday night but everything went great. I was able to present the lesson in a way that was enjoyable but spiritually oriented. I know the Lord was there helping me because things fell together well. I received some good ideas from the lesson and I only had an hour to prepare. I was happy the lesson went well but most of all I felt good knowing that I was in a position to receive that help. Even that night at the cultural meeting they talked mostly about the people and I got a completely different feeling. Thy sound generous and hard working, but still Catholic.
Today was a different story. Even though the morning went well and I was using my time well and accomplishing a lot, I passed-off one very big concept in the morning and was ready to pass-off another (concept 6J) that night. I went through the whole concept with very few problems, so few that they said I could have probably told them were the commas were, but I didn't' include the flip chart marks and he said he couldn't pass me without them. I guess because of a few things I was ... Next Page

No comments:
Post a Comment