April 12, 1978
... real district meeting and everyone gave him a hard time because he tried to take charge of the meeting (they don't take him seriously) and when he tried to involve everyone by giving them all certain responsibilities they all treated it like a big joke. He gave me the responsibility of organizing our family home evenings. It may not be a big job but I plan on making the best of it. I have to admit this last week went by a lot faster than the first. Maybe President Sherwood [is] right.
I've received two weeks worth of letters. My family, both weeks, have all gotten together and all wrote me letters (with pictures and so forth). It's been great. I wonder how long they can keep it up. I remember writing them after I received Susan's first letter and asked if there was anything they could do to help cheer her up. I don't know what they did, but at lunch when I read Susan's second letter I wanted to cheer. I was so happy to hear that things were good.
Last Thursday I remember praying that Susan might be able to feel better about me being gone, and asked specifically that when she would think of me that she would have a calm peaceful feeling come over her and fill her with joy. And after that night I had a calm peaceful feeling that everything would be alright. I know the Lord answered that prayer because her letter was just cheerful and sweet. She said, "You wait and see. I'll do it, and I'm' doing it right now. I'm happy and I'm happy waiting for you." AND I'M HAPPY[too]. Now I have no excuse for not working with all my heart.
I know my mother had something to do with this because mother is very close to me now. I can feel it, and [I] know that she knows how I'm feeling. I'm starting to love everyone more and more the longer I'm away from them.
I had the opportunity to give the opening prayer in la Reunion de Roma today. [I] hope nobody laughs [as the prayer will be given in Spanish]. I am also acting as chorister. Next Page

No comments:
Post a Comment