About prayers being answered, I remember Bishop Stahle reading one of Noel's letters that said it scared his district that prayers were answered so quickly here. They had to be more careful for what they asked. Any my prayers are being answered too. I remember one night I feel like we should begin including Elder Humphreys in our prayers (by the way he received two letters from his girlfriend with 25 pages altogether). Well that night we prayed for him because he had broken down and started to cry in class, and the next day he began to understand what was gong on and you wouldn't believe the joy that I had.
But about me, I had doubts (I've not [been] very disciplined). Today me and Elder Bradford forgot our key and couldn't eat without suits on (we were in our Levis) so we borrowed some clothes from the next room and we went off to eat - me in my stockings but our roommates came and let us in. Elder Van Hoose thinks I look like Casper (the friendly ghost) so I'm Elder Casper (boo!), but I am the one that's scared. [I am] afraid I won't get everything done, afraid because I leave [for] Spain in six weeks, afraid that I'll come back home and there will be Susan ready to get married. JUST KIDDING.
____________________
I decided to give our first Family Home Evening lesson and I decided to use the one that's called "How Adversity Can Be Our Friend." It's a very good lesson but when I talk about adversity, I can't help but think about me trying to make it through the LTM. My mission begins to seem like one big trial or tribulation. I read my patriarchal blessing (and my setting apart) and I see the happiness and joy I'm supposed to be experiencing and I feel awful. I wonder what I'm not doing, why I'm not experience the joy every other missionary expresses. I ... Next Page

No comments:
Post a Comment