Thursday, September 15, 2011

Missionary Journal (1978-1980) - Page 3

April 8, 1978

... class, retention everyday. Oh well. What I think [is] bothering me the most is that I don't think most [of] the people in my district (Chilean) are taking this call as seriously as they should. I see the teachers getting frustrated at the time they waste goofing around. Many times I've felt, when it was time to pray, that none of us were really ready (I even felt as though I should chastise them - then I find myself thinking I'm better than they are, and I always feel bad and try to make it up to them) but I think that most probably they are having an easier time or have a little more faith and worry about things less.

I just wish that they would feel the same way I do, all the time. I'm really beginning to love these people for exactly what they are (I feel good about all of them). Elder Humphrey's is having a very hard time here. I feel so sorry for him. I know exactly what he feels. I talked to his companion to see if we might fast for him tomorrow but Elder Van Hoose said no and explained how they both felt. I felt much better knowing that he knows his district really cares. HAVING A HARD TIME WITH SYL (marathon tomorrow).
____________________

Well today was my first real P-day (no special temple sessions and no extra meeting) and we had a lot of extra time. Last week I felt guilty taking a rest but Noel Stahle wrote mea  post coard and told me to work when its time to work and don't worry about it when your not. I suppose he was talking about P-day. I think a person needs a rest or at least a change. They called Elder Fedor to be our distrct leader. I remember praying that [they] wouldn't call me because I had enough worries, but when they called him I was sort-of jealous. But I'll get over that and be glad that I dno't have that responsibility. We had our ... Next Page

No comments:

Post a Comment