Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Missionary Journal (1978-1980) - Page 11

April 23, 1978

... I could feel the Lord helping me then too, with cute ideas and [how] to put things simply, and work them into one theme. When I was done I was amazed at what I had in front of me. Now I've never been a great speaker and never expect to be, except through the Spirit. But this talk seemed to fit all the rules I know [that] a good talk must have - and I hope that I won't forget the many places the Lord helped me, but I will and I already have - so it "sufficeith me" to write that I know I received help, especially [with] the amount of time I had to prepare. Now presenting that talk is a whole different thing. I'm trying to exercise faith but it still scares me very much.

Thinking about the Holy Ghost and the Spirit that's here at the LTM, many times in meetings meant to increase our spirituality (like church meetings, ambassadorship, etc.) there comes times when I just start to cry or get chocked-up over things, sometimes just little things. Now I'm not very experienced with [the] Spirit but I'm searching and praying, and I have to wonder if these are times the Spirit touches me. I know I've had that calm, peaceful Spirit come over me many times but when I cry over filmstrips and stories told, maybe I'm just becoming more sensitive to others, better able to empathize (like my mother). I've never been like that before. I could always related to some people and understand them, but after I had to leave home, especially when I said goodbye to Susan (which was the hardest thing I've ever done - it hurt more than anything before - physical or spiritual) but since then my feeling seems to come more freely and easily. I hope that maybe I'm' developing (just beginning to gain) a gift that I might cherish some day, a sensitivity when magnified by the Spirit that I might use to serve the Lord, or my wife and family better.

About TIME, each hour here goes by very slowly for me, and it takes much effort, but looking back on the weeks here, time goes fast. Next Page

No comments:

Post a Comment