Sunday, July 23, 2017

Missionary Journal (1978-1980) - Page 21

May 7, 1978

I ended with the scripture in Matthew 28:19-20 and then gave some of my feelings and a spiritual thought out of "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder" (page 260). But, then I still didn't have much time and my thoughts for tomorrow worked together in a similar way (I feel so good when I can be a channel for the Lord, sometimes). I'm a little nervous because I am supposed to call (or help call) the permanent district leader by inspiration. But one day at a time.

My companion was called to be the new "Gran Jefe" de la rama [big boss of the branch]. I was very surprised at first ( I don't know why) but after I have thought it over, I began to feel very good about it. After seeing him with this calling for one day, he is a different person. It's a great responsibility to take the shoes of Elder Owen - a person who was a great influence on me. He [my companion] came home and made his bed and mine! When I had interviews with my new district, he didn't complain and he is very humble and is changing. He grew a lot today. In his testimony, he was thankful for me, and I felt humbled. But, he's going to need a lot of support and maybe encouragement and help.

Well, onto things with my district. They forgot their meeting with President Sherwood, and we had to get the sisters from Relief Society and again for family night. I never found time to prepare for my interviews with them or for the meeting that night, so when I had these, I had nothing [prepared] so I tried to rely on the Spirit. I remember as I went to each of them, with the same schedule [time], I ended up saying different things. Things I felt good about saying and felt that they might be a little better [for], or better prepared because of. But, many of the things I said and did weren't my ideas. With many of them, I said things I hadn't thought about. Things just seem to come [to mind] and I said them - and, as I look back I felt that the right things that needed to be said [were said]. It was a new experience, I left those interviews feeling great. During one interview I would get a feeling about the other companion, and knew what I should ...Next Page

No comments:

Post a Comment