May 8, 1978My companion, today at the laundry, put all his shirts on to hangers. HE SURE IS INTERESTING.
Many Elders enjoy changing foods with you during your blessing of the food. Elder Smart enjoys giving me attention. Actually, I just don't know what to write in my journal today.
My P-days seem to go slower and slower all the time. I get impatient with everyone. It's really not very good because I end up writing some letters in the afternoon when things seem the worst. Sometimes I wonder when I'm going to start enjoying the work, like I'm supposed to. Mostly all I do is memorize, try to keep up with everyone else, re-pass discussions (which is the most discouraging because there are so many I can't remember; I only pass one whole discussion every 3 days). I get discouraged because I can't speak the language, worry about going to Spain and flopping, and last of all, I keep finding all sorts of things I'm not doing right. I don't have the faith, humility, or charity that I need. Everyday Elder slight tells me something else I don't do right. And, I HAVE TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN TOMORROW! If I just had a strong testimony, the language, or anything it wouldn't be so bad. I don't know.
It's fun to watch Hermana Brady and Elder Slieght. I'm sure that they are falling in love. Every day, every extra minute, he's helping her re-pass [a discussion]. One day she even listen to him give a concept [part of a discussion]. Today, they were able to go together into the prayer circle in the temple. I thought I was kind of special [having a girl friend to deal with], but from what I [see] Hermana Brady has no problem, and I hope it's not because of Elder Slieght...
Well, I knew this [would] happen. My companion has been waiting for 40 minutes for an appointment with the doctor, and I waited patiently also. But now, even in one hour we have an appointment with a specialist for his eye. [So] we lose the rest of our P-Day. And I forgot my bible. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and maybe soon, very soon I hope, this will stop seeming like a sacrifice and I might be able to do what's expected. President Lee said that this isn't a two-year mission, it is time for the Lord to prepare us for missionary work until the end! Next Page
No comments:
Post a Comment